How we use your personal information
Woodthorpe Leisure Park is known as the ‘Controller’ of personal data that we collect about you. We process and hold your information in some instances related to the nature of our business. This notice will explain how we use and share your information.
Why do we collect personal information?
How do we collect personal data?
Information may be collected in several different ways but predominantly as set out below:
Face to Face
If you attend our Leisure Park we may collect your personal data.
If you telephone our park, personal data may be recorded dependent on the nature of the call.
If you email our park we may keep your email address and the email as evidence of contact. We are unable to guarantee the security of any email contact initiated by you and we recommend that you keep the amount of confidential information to a minimum.
Using our website
In order to provide you with a personalised experience while using our Website, we may collect and process information about you, including but not limited to your name, address, contact details such as your email address and phone number, date of birth, payment card details, products you buy and information about the way you have viewed and used our website (personal information).
The most common ways in which we collect information about you are as follows.
- Bookings - if you book on our Website or correspond with us by phone or e-mail you will give us personal information necessary to process, confirm and complete your booking. This will include your address and your payment card details.
- Social Media – you may give us information when you participate in discussions or other social media functions on our Website or other social media accounts.
- Registering / Purchasing Online – if you decide to register as a customer on our Website, you will complete a registration form which requests personal information about you.
- Competitions, Promotions and Surveys – if you enter any competition or promotion we run, you will provide personal information to us.
- Your Preferences – you may choose to provide us with information about your marketing preferences to enhance and personalise your use of our Website.
- Email data is securely stored within our email server. Once marketing / news opt in is ticked the email address is automatically added to the mailchimp mailing list. Data is then held in the secure mailchimp mailing list for future marketing correspondence.
- ALL online payments are processed through the secure Sagepay Payment Gateway and no credit or debit card details are kept on our servers.
Credit Debit Card
Online payments can be refunded through Sagepay. We store a unique reference / order number against your card details which allows us to process refunds. Only the last four digits of your card number are available to our administrative staff. The first twelve digits are hidden so that our staff cannot see your full card details. None of your card or billing details are published on the Website in any way, nor are they visible to other users on your membership account.
We use this to understand how the Website is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google's position on privacy as regards its analytics service at www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview
We have installed CCTV systems in our park used by members of the public for public and staff protection as well as crime prevention and detection. In all locations signs are displayed to notify you that CCTV is in operation and who to contact for further information about the system.
We will only disclose images for the purpose as stated above. CCTV images will not be released to the media for entertainment purposes or placed on the internet.
We will not keep CCTV images for longer than necessary.
You have several rights which relate to your personal data.
You are entitled to request access to any personal data that we may hold about you and you can also request a copy.
Where we are relying on your consent to process personal data you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You can also request that we correct any personal data that we may hold about you that you believe is inaccurate. You may also request the deletion of any personal data that we may hold about you.
We are obliged to consider and respond to any request within one calendar month.
If you wish to make a request or complaint regarding how your personal data has been handled please contact:
The Data Protection Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively,you can contact:
The Data protection officer
Woodthorpe Leisure Park
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk